- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- GPhA: FDA’s proposed rule on prescription drug labeling adds $4 billion to healthcare costs
- 21 health industry groups address FDA on proposed changes to generic drug label rules
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo Co. has hired a former Food and Drug Administration official for its regulatory department, the drug maker said Friday.
The Allegan, Mich.-based drug maker announced the appointment of Keith Webber as head of regulatory review, a position in which he will start on Oct. 21. Webber previously served as acting director of the FDA's Office of Pharmaceutical Science, part of the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, which regulates prescription and OTC drugs. He also served as director of the Office of Generic Drugs.
"He brings us a wealth of strategic, scientific and regulatory experience from his years of working with the FDA," Perrigo chairman, president and CEO Joseph Papa said. "Keith will work closely with regulatory leadership to support new product selection and develop strategies and processes to achieve high-quality applications and timely approvals, enabling us to bring quality, affordable products to the market."
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.