- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Old Orchard for Kids adds new flavors
- Perrigo recalls APAP infant suspension liquid due to the possibility of missing dose markings on the dosing syringe
- FDA publishes interim final rule regarding infant formula
- Q&A: Genetic profiling with Dr. Anita Goel of Nanobiosym
GEORGIA, Vt. — Perrigo Nutritionals is introducing new packaging that the company said would make providing nutrition to infants more convenient.
Perrigo Nutritionals, part of Allegan, Mich.-based Perrigo, supplies private-labal infant formulas. The company said the new SmarTub packaging, the result of a $29 million research and development effort, would include AccuMeasure, a scoop leveler for more accurate feedings; CleanPull technology that allows removal of foil liner with one pull; SimpleSlide scoop sortie for less mess; a longer scoop handle for more hygienic scooping; and anti-theft tag compatibility.
"We believe we have advanced infant formula packaging with novelties that will transform the overall user experience for parents," Perrigo Nutritionals general manager Scott Jamison said. "This undertaking began with extensive competitive analysis and consumer research and culminated with the addition of a new state-of-the-art packaging line at our ISO 9001:2008-certified facility in Vermont."