- Perrigo introduces generic Aleve Liquid Gels
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- NACDS RxImpact Day 2011 takes aim at new lawmakers
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Sensis Condoms with QuikStrips now available at select Walgreens
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo announced that it has initiated market launch and made its first shipments of minoxidil 5% foam, which is a generic version of Rogaine 5% foam hair regrowth treatment, to its retail and wholesale customers. Minoxidil 5% foam is marketed under store- or own-label brands.
On Feb. 10, 2011, Perrigo announced that it settled its Hatch-Waxman litigation relating to minoxidil 5% foam brought by Stiefel Research Australia Pty. Ltd., a GlaxoSmithKline company. As Perrigo was the first party to challenge the brand patent, it is entitled to 180 days of generic marketing exclusivity.
"This is another example of Perrigo's commitment to launching difficult-to-manufacture pharmaceuticals in topical, lotion and foam delivery systems,” stated Perrigo's chairman and CEO Joseph Papa. “We are excited to be the first store-brand manufacturer to bring this exclusive product to U.S. consumers. We, and our wholesale and retail customers, are excited about the prospects for this important store-brand launch. We continue to be focused upon our company mission of making quality health care more affordable to patients and consumers."