- Perrigo launches store-brand nicotine mini lozenges
- Perrigo to market store-brand smoking-cessation gum
- FDA studies effectiveness, benefits of long-term smoking-cessation therapy
- Study finds most smokers lack knowledge on ways to quit smoking
- GSK Consumer Healthcare applauds FDA's workshop on NRT products
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo on Tuesday announced that it has begun shipments of over-the-counter nicotine polacrilex mini lozenge USP, 2 mg (mint flavor) and 4 mg (mint flavor), comparable to GlaxoSmithKline's Nicorette mini lozenge.
"This launch strengthens Perrigo's leading store brand position in smoking cessation products, which also includes coated and uncoated flavored gums and regular size lozenges," stated Joseph Papa, Perrigo's chairman, president and CEO.
Nicorette Mini Lozenge is selling at an annual rate estimated at more than $30 million at all retail outlets, Perrigo stated.
Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news.