- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Perrigo recalls APAP infant suspension liquid due to the possibility of missing dose markings on the dosing syringe
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo on Monday announced that it has begun shipments of guaifenesin 600-mg extended-release tablets. It's the first product that is generically equivalent to Reckitt Benckiser's Mucinex 600-mg extended-release tablets.
"This launch is representative of the Perrigo team's abilities to overcome challenging circumstances as evidenced by this product's complex formulation and patent challenges," noted Perrigo chairman and CEO Joseph Papa. "The team worked diligently to formulate the product, prove the product's non-infringement to existing patents, validate and achieve commercial production and bring the product to market."
Sales of Mucinex 600mg Extended-Release tablets, an expectorant indicated to relieve chest congestion and make coughs more productive, reached approximately $135 million through food, drug and mass merchandisers for the last 12 months, Perrigo reported.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.