- Perrigo launches private label equivalent to Nicorette mini lozenge
- Perrigo launches store-brand nicotine mini lozenges
- Report: Nicotine replacement product sales to reach $6.2 billion worldwide by 2018
- Harvard School survey asserts NRT ineffective in spite of body of evidence to the contrary
- GSK Consumer Healthcare applauds FDA's workshop on NRT products
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo on Thursday announced that it has received approval from the Food and Drug Administration to market a cinnamon-flavored, over-the-counter coated nicotine polacrilex gum USP in 2-mg and 4-mg strengths.
The product will be marketed under store-brand labels and is comparable with GlaxoSmithKline's Nicorette Cinnamon Surge coated gum, a stop-smoking aid.
"This approval of coated cinnamon nicotine gum extends our leading store-brand position. The expanded range of smoking-cessation products also includes coated mint-flavored gum, coated fruit wave, uncoated gum and lozenges," Perrigo's chairman and CEO Joseph Papa said.
Nicorette Cinnamon Surge gum is selling at an annual rate estimated at more than $40 million across all retail outlets, Perrigo estimated. The new store-brand smoking-cessation line extension is expected to ship this fall.