- Perrigo recalls APAP infant suspension liquid due to the possibility of missing dose markings on the dosing syringe
- Perrigo launches generic equivalent to prescription-only Vanos Cream 0.1%
- Perrigo approved for generic Prandin
- IRI shares best practices for Rx-to-OTC switch
- Perrigo launches methazolamide tablets
ST. LOUIS — Perrigo and a subsidiary of K-V Pharmaceutical Co. have launched a new drug for yeast infections in women, the two companies said.
Perrigo and Ther-Rx Corp. announced the availability of Gynazole-1 (butoconazole nitrate vaginal cream) in the 2% strength for treating yeast infections in nonpregnant women.
Ther-Rx has a partnership with Perrigo to manufacture the drug.
"We are pleased to be able to once again offer Gynazole-1 to prescribing healthcare providers and to patients in need of therapy," K-V CEO and Ther-Rx president Greg Divis said. "The availability of Gynazole-1 represents a positive step forward for the company as we continue to provide quality, patient-friendly products to support the health of women across the stages of their lives."