- PL Developments to sell, distribute store-brand generic Zegerid OTC
- Takeda: Dexilant, Prevacid have less inhibiting effects on Plavix's efficacy than counterparts
- Study: Drug-drug interaction warning letters work
- Dr. Reddy's to launch generic Prevacid
- Dr. Reddy's receives FDA approval for generic GERD treatment
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo has received tentative approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its abbreviated new drug application to market over-the-counter omeprazole and sodium bicarbonate capsules in the 20-mg/1,100-mg strength, the store-brand equivalent to Merck's Zegerid OTC.
Zegerid OTC (omeprazole and sodium bicarbonate capsules 20 mg/1,100 mg), a proton-pump inhibitor indicated to relieve frequent heartburn, had sales of approximately $42 million through food, drug and mass merchandisers for the lastest 12 months.