- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Pfizer launches Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough + Congestion DM
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- House introduces bill to place age restriction on DXM purchase
MADISON, N.J. — Pfizer Consumer Healthcare on Wednesday introduced Robitussin CoughCast, a new interactive tool that allows people to track cough activity in their local area.
According to the company, already this year nearly 18.2 million U.S. adults have experienced cold and flu symptoms, and more than 18 million have reported suffering from cough, making it one of the most highly reported symptoms.
On average, there are more than 1 billion cases of the common cold each year in the United States, and it is estimated that between 5% and 20% of the population will get the flu. Most adults are likely to have a common cold two to four times a year, and up to 50% of people suffering from a cold will have a cough.