- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Lipitor may be the first statin to switch to OTC
- Mylan launches generic version of Detrol LA
- Teva launches authorized generic version of Pfizer's Detrol LA
- Pfizer teams up with actor Josh Duhamel for the Advil Relief in Action campaign
NEW YORK — Pfizer has named one of its executives to a new position.
Olivier Brandicourt — Pfizer's president and general manager of the primary care business unit and a member of the Pfizer executive leadership team — has been appointed president and general manager of the company's emerging markets and established business products business units, effective June 1. He succeeds David Simmons, who is leaving Pfizer to become the chairman and CEO of Pharmaceutical Product Development.
Taking over Brandicourt's role is John Young, who currently is regional president of Europe and Canada for the primary care business.
"Olivier is ideally suited to take on this new role," Pfizer chairman and CEO Ian Read said. "He has more than 20 years of global experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Olivier is both a physician and proven business leader who understands the many challenges of today’s changing industry and healthcare landscape."