- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Spangler Candy Co. introduces new holiday offerings
- Clif Bar introduces Clif Mojo Fruit & Nut and Clif Mojo Dark Chocolate
MASON, Ohio — P&G has expanded its IAMS pet food line with the addition of Sensitive Naturals and Simple and Natural recipes to its IAMS Healthy Naturals collection. IAMS Healthy Naturals was launched in 2007 and includes four recipes for dogs and three for cats.
The IAMS Sensitive Naturals recipe is designed with ocean fish (haddock, cod and flounder) as the first ingredient, and is ideal for dogs with ingredient sensitivities, which affect up to 25% of all dogs, according to P&G. IAMS Simple & Natural is made for dogs, with chicken as the first ingredient for 100% nutrition and 0% filler, the company reported. Both varieties contain rice and barley and include the following ingredients for added health benefits:
Higher levels of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids that work on the inside to ensure a dog's sensitive skin and coat health;
Natural prebiotic FOS (fructooligosaccharides);
Beet pulp and apple pomace for healthy digestion;
Fiber blend for nutrient absorption; and
Higher levels of the antioxidant vitamin E for a strong immune system.