- Oral-B develops new Black 7000 power brush
- Crest + Oral-B relaunches Pros in the Profession awards program
- Brush Buddies, Smurfs to educate children on proper brushing with new toothbrush line
- Kmart offers savings on gas for P&G product purchases
- Philips Sonicare unveils new FlexCare Platinum toothbrush
SAN FRANCISCO Procter & Gamble’s Oral-B toothbrush brand has announced the launch of its new Triumph with SmartGuide, marking the first power toothbrush with a wireless display to help consumers improve their brushing habits.
The toothbrush features Smart Technology, in which the brush head, handle and now visual display work together so users can receive visual cues to help them brush better. The FlossAction brush head and handle are embedded with microchips. The handle communicates with the wireless display to signal when the user is brushing too hard, when to move to the next quadrant of the mouth, when they have brushed for two minutes and when it is time to replace the brush head.
According to the company, those who use the toothbrush are up to four times more likely to brush the dental-recommended two minutes that with a regular manual toothbrush. A recent study showed that 93 percent of those who used the Triumph with SmartGuide reduced their aggressive brushing behavior within 30 days.
The new Oral-B Triumph with SmartGuide has a suggested retail price of $149.99.