- P&G to eliminate triclosan, diethyl phthalate from products
- Kmart offers savings on gas for P&G product purchases
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Energizer Holdings to acquire feminine hygiene business from J&J Family of Consumer Cos.
- P&G taps celebrity Chef LaLa and medical expert Jorge Rodriguez to offer education on frequent heartburn
CINCINNATI — Procter & Gamble is letting Target customers know that great things come in small packages as it launches new Tide and Gain compacted powder laundry detergents.
The compacted Tide and Gain detergents, which offer the same number of loads in a smaller box, could save up to 22 million lbs. of total packaging in the United States and Canada each year, P&G said. The company said that in addition to the Tide and Gain launch at Target, P&G also will introduce compacted formulas for Cheer, Dreft and Ivory Snow.
The new compacted detergents join other products in the P&G Future Friendly portfolio, including Tide ColdWater, PUR and Cascade ActionPacs, which have been designed to reduce waste, save energy or save water without a trade-off in value or performance.
"As Future Friendly products, concentrated powder detergents show how simple choices can lead to meaningful results," said Maurice Coffey, marketing director for P&G Future Friendly. "By taking this small step with our consumer, we can create benefits for the environment and ultimately improve consumers' lives."