- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
BOULDER, Colo. — Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy on Tuesday announced that it now is offering immunizations for influenza, whooping cough, pneumonia and shingles on a walk-in basis at all of its locations. Pharmaca pharmacists can provide the shots to any customer who requests one during open pharmacy hours.
“Immunizations can be vital to reducing the risk of serious illness from flu and whooping cough,” Pharmaca VP pharmacy operations Stuart Gratz said. “The Centers for Disease Control have identified the populations that can benefit most from certain immunizations, and we’re happy to be able to serve those needs.
"By offering these vaccinations at any time, we’re serving the needs of customers who feel that immunization is the best option for them — and making it most convenient for them," Gratz said. "Pharmaca has made the process even simpler by making patient intake forms available for download on [the] website. Patients can save time by filling them out ahead of time and bringing them with them when they request an immunization."
Pharmaca also will hold Vaccination Clinics every Tuesday between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. throughout the flu season.