- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
The new Pharmaca stores make a very bold statement about the relationship between pharmacy and prevention. The company unveiled its new store design in Menlo Park, Calif., in November 2010. The 6,800-sq.-ft. store continues Pharmaca’s “integrative pharmacy” model, which emphasizes holistic approaches to health care and features eight licensed practitioners.
Pharmaca allows pharmacists to play a greater role in customers’ health and guide them to alternative therapies, focusing as much on the prevention of disease as on the treatment of it. The company’s unique take on pharmacy-prevention fusion is up to 23 stores and growing, with three more stores planned for 2011.