- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- CVS Caremark's 'ability' and 'agility' a key focus of 2013 Analyst Day
LANGLEY, British Columbia — Pharmasave Drugs, which has more than 475 community retail pharmacies across Canada, has appointed Carmen Churcott as CEO, effective May 1.
“We are impressed by Carmen’s enthusiasm and her demonstrated willingness to take on tough leadership challenges,” stated Pharmasave national board chair Gary Utter. “Carmen’s strong communication skills and collaborative approach, along with her comprehensive retail experience, is the combination needed to lead Pharmasave to continued success.”
Churcott succeeds Sue Paish, who was appointed CEO in 2007 and left in May 2012 to take over leadership of LifeLabs, a provider of community laboratory services. CFO Zvonko Maretic had been serving as interim CEO.
Prior to joining Pharmasave, Churcott worked for more than 15 years in the grocery industry at Overwaitea Food Group. Her career responsibilities included VP of merchandising, marketing, media relations, and customer loyalty, as well as VP of eCommerce, technology and communications. Her experience also includes human resources, employee development and public relations.
“Pharmasave is an impressive combination of a strong national Pharmasave brand and the independent spirit of community-focused entrepreneurs. I am looking forward to harnessing the creativity across the country by building on the great work already done and delivering even greater member value and growing Pharmasave,” stated Churcott.