- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Report: Omega-3 supplementation can realize $4 billion in net CHD-attributed cost savings
- Clif Bar introduces Clif Mojo Fruit & Nut and Clif Mojo Dark Chocolate
- USPSTF: Not enough evidence on taking supplements to prevent cardiovascular disease or cancer
- Cashing in on the wellness trend
PASADENA, Calif. — Playmaker Nutrition recently announced its planned foray into retail outlets in September with a line of supplement products targeting teens and tweens. In addition to launching the line of supplements, Playmaker Nutrition plans to use its Web presence as a springboard to fitness and nutrition tips to help improve athletic performance, adopt a healthier lifestyle and maintain optimum wellness.
Playmaker Nutrition has a strong professional sports heritage — company founders include Summer Olympics gold medalist and NBA star Kevin Love, Winter Olympics gold medalist Lindsey Vonn, Oakland Raiders running back Darren McFadden and Colorado Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez.
The current line consists of a calcium and vitamin D SKU and a sugar-free multivitamin.