- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
85% — that’s more or less the combined market share for the companies that make up the 2011 DSN PoweRx50, approximately $185 billion of the total $218 billion retail pharmacy industry. Numbering almost 50,000 stores among them, or more than 8-of-10 of all the pharmacies in the United States — BAM! — the DSN PoweRx50 indisputably reflects the true titans of the retail pharmacy industry.
What makes the DSN PoweRx50 different? The DSN PoweRx50 is the ONLY truly CHANNEL-AGNOSTIC ranking of the retail pharmacy industry that truly measures all of retail pharmacy, including traditional drug chains, independents, supermarkets, mass and club stores — ALL of it. BA-BOOM!
Why do we do it that way? Because everybody sells everything everybody else sells, and everyone shops everywhere for everything. Traditional drug stores fighting for a share of that business no longer can afford to worry ONLY about competing with other drug stores. Vendors looking to maximize distribution for their products no longer can afford a myopic, single-channel view of the business. The lines that once defined the different classes of trade haven’t just blurred — they’re GONE.
The DSN PoweRx50 measures all of these very different companies by the one metric that matters — pharmacy sales — and the relative commitment of senior management to growing share of pharmacy, health and wellness. KA-POW!
For the full DSN PoweRx50 Annual Report 2011, click here.