- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- PriceGrabber survey reveals consumer shopping trends for BTS season
- Study finds convenience factor important for drug store shoppers
- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Consumers expected to spend $400 more this year than last for holidays
HICKSVILLE, N.Y. New Business Solutions recently introduced its Product Protection System, a loss-prevention shelving solution designed to deter theft of high-shrink items.
Specifically, the new shelving unit helps thwart professional shoplifting groups by eliminating the ability to sweep a shelf, in other words dumping an entire shelf of merchandise into a duffel bag at once.
However, the unit does not inhibit legitimate customers from accessing the product without the help of store personnel. The gravity-feed front orientation of a PPS designed to display baby formula, for example, allows one canister of formula to be dispensed at a time. There is a 20-second delay before another canister can be accessed, and no power supply is required, the company stated.
The PPS can be customized to accommodate various product sizes and fit into an assortment of planograms, the company noted.