- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
CINCINNATI — Prasco Labs has signed a deal with WellSpring Pharmaceutical Corp. to market an authorized generic version of a drug for a rare tumor disorder.
The company announced Wednesday the distribution and supply agreement for phenoxybenzamine hydrochloride capsules in the 10 mg strength for pheochromocytoma, an adrenal gland tumor disorder. The drug is used to control episodes of hypertension and sweating associated with the disorder.
The drug is an authorized generic version of WellSpring's Dibenzyline. An authorized generic is a branded drug marketed under its generic name at a discount, usually under a deal between the branded drug's manufacturer and a third-party company.