- Walgreens maintains strong social media presence
- Walgreens implements Chicago Hometown Investment Initiative
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Walgreens confident in Q2 results following Express Scripts exit Jan. 1
- WAG VP talks to Chicago Tribune about changing role of pharmacist
SPOKANE, Wash. — INGfertility on Tuesday announced its Pre-Seed "fertility-friendly" personal lubricant will be available in all Walgreens pharmacies as of Wednesday, following Facebook demand for increased distribution.
"Walgreens has been our most requested retail location for Pre-Seed, and we have had an amazing response to this news at Facebook,” INGfertility CEO G.D. Clifton said.
Pre-Seed is the only lubricant able to state that it is "safe to use when trying to conceive," based on regulatory clearance, the company stated. Pre-Seed's formula matches the pH, osmolality (ion content) and viscosity (thickness) of fertile cervical mucus. In contrast, most lubricants harm sperm and may keep them from swimming to the egg normally.
"Many couples who are trying to conceive have increased incidence of vaginal dryness due to intercourse on-demand," Clifton noted. "Pre-Seed offers a safe alternative for these couples."
In the physician guideline "Optimizing Natural Fertility," the American Society for Reproductive Medicine cited the need for informed lubricant use and mentioned Pre-Seed as an appropriate choice.