- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- MedFolio launches electronic pillbox to improve patient adherence
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
ALISO VIEJO, Calif. — PrescribeWellness recently partnered with the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York on a new member benefit: free bin management software.
“This new member benefit will help improve patient adherence with their medications while strengthening the patient-pharmacist relationship," PSSNY executive director Craig Burridge said. "In addition, pharmacists will be able to leverage their own voice to grow the their brand and patient loyalty. This is a must for the future of patient care and the success of our pharmacies.”
The program seeks to help pharmacies improve “will call bin” efficiencies through personalized calls from the pharmacist. The hosted solution only requires internet access and a few clicks to send out calls in the voice of the pharmacist.
Through the new member benefit provided by PrescribeWellness, more than 2,000 member pharmacies can create and deliver personalized communications to individuals, reminding them to pick up their medication and improve adherence. Up to 30% of prescriptions are abandoned at the pharmacy, PrescribeWellness noted, and this program can help improve upon that.