- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
IRVINE, Calif. — A pharmacy benefit management organization has introduced a pharmacy network that includes about 20,000 pharmacies across the United States.
Prescription Solutions said its Value Network now is available to clients of any size, including employers, unions, public agencies and coalitions.
According to the company, in urban areas, more than 90% of the U.S. population live within 4 miles of at least one Value Network pharmacy; in suburban areas, more than 90% of the U.S. population live within 8 miles of at least one Value Network pharmacy; and more than 70% of the U.S. population live within 15 miles of at least one Value Network pharmacy.
“More than [one-third] of our clients are asking for a network that will help them keep rising pharmacy costs in check and make health care more affordable for them. Our Value Network does just that through lower fees and better discounts,” said Angelo Giambrone, SVP industry and network relations at Prescription Solutions.
Members can locate a Value Network pharmacy near them by using the Prescription Solutions online pharmacy locator tool at PrescriptionSolutions.com.