- Vitamins and Supplements 2014
- Prestige Brands solution to pediatric overdosing — unique squeezable, single-dose APAP packet
- FDA advisory panel to consider OTC status of NSAIDs
- FDA recommends health professionals prescribe no more than 325 mg of acetaminophen per dose
- Mylan launches generic version of Prandin
ATLANTA — British drug maker ProStrakan Group will partner with two U.S. companies to administer its risk evaluation and mitigation strategy for a cancer pain drug.
ProStrakan said it would use RelayHealth Pharmacy Solutions’ and McKesson Specialty Care Solutions’ services to administer the REMS for Abstral (fentanyl citrate), a drug that patients can place under the tongue to treat breakthrough pain associated with cancer when they already have received and become tolerant of opioid painkillers.
“RelayHealth’s innovative connectivity technologies in pharmacies and McKesson Specialty Care Solutions’ deep REMS experience is an excellent fit for our Abstral REMS program,” ProStrakan president for global commercial operations Abid Karim said.