- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
WASHINGTON — By 2015, “pharmacists will be the healthcare professionals responsible for providing patient care that ensures optimal medication therapy outcomes.” That was the consensus reached in the Joint Commission of Pharmacy Practitioners' vision statement at the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s Consumer Awareness, Resources, Education, State Policy and Testing Summit last month.
The CREST Summit brought together pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, employers, pharmacy associations and state boards of pharmacy. The PTCB has certified pharmacy technicians since its founding in 1995.
“Pharmacy technicians play an integral role in supporting pharmacy practitioners in virtually all practice settings,” PTCB executive director and CEO Melissa Murer Corrigan said. “Feedback from the summit, survey and social media show that significant steps are being taken to support innovation in the roles and responsibilities of pharmacy technicians through education, training and PTCB certification.”