- Fortune names Wegmans, Whole Foods, Publix top employers
- Publix names new executive director of its charity foundation
- MTM could take chunk out of the $290 billion in annual healthcare costs
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Publix to offer free diabetes screenings at more than 800 locations
LAKELAND, Fla. — Publix Super Markets on Friday announced it will enter the Winston-Salem market and add a third location in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
“We continue to deliver on our promise of serving the great state of North Carolina by adding yet another county to our market area,” stated Maria Brous, Publix media and community relations director. “We are more than your community grocer — we are your neighbors, and look forward to sharing the Publix spirit with you.”
The Winston-Salem store will be a 49,000-square-foot Publix supermarket with covered parking below the store. Opening is scheduled for 2015.
The Cornelius store, located in Mecklenburg County, will also encompass 49,000-square-feet and will feature a drive-thru pharmacy. Opening is planned for late 2014.
Publix continues to aggressively look for additional locations throughout the state of North Carolina, the grocer stated.