- Fortune names Wegmans, Whole Foods, Publix top employers
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- MinuteClinic forms clinical collaboration with St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
LAKELAND, Fla. — Publix on Friday posted sales for third quarter 2013 of $7 billion, representing a 5.6% increase. Comparable-store sales for third quarter 2013 increased 4.1%.
Publix's sales for the first nine months of 2013 were $21.6 billion, a 5.2% increase from last year's $20.5 billion. Comparable-store sales for the first nine months of 2013 increased 3.4%.
Effective Nov. 1, Publix's stock price increased from $27.55 per share to $30 per share. Publix stock is not publicly traded and is made available for sale only to current Publix associates and members of its board of directors.
"I'm very pleased we had another significant increase in our stock price, resulting in a 33% increase in our stock price over the last year," stated CEO Ed Crenshaw. "Our associates continue to deliver premier customer service, the key to our success."