- Publix posts third-quarter comp lift of 4.1%
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Amazon.com, Good Neighbor Pharmacy, Publix named to J.D. Power's 2014 Customer Champions list
- Publix rolls out med sync program chainwide, powered by Ateb’s Time My Meds
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
LAKELAND, Fla. Publix has launched an initiative with Produce for Kids to help families eat healthy, and to benefit PBS Kids, a TV program network for children.
Now through Oct. 27, when shoppers buy sponsored products in the produce department, a donation will be made to support PBS' efforts to provide educational content, resources and outreach materials for families and educators that promote healthy eating throughout the year, Publix said. By purchasing select items, which can be found in more than 1,000 Publix stores across five states, consumers will benefit the partnership.
"Publix is working on several initiatives to help families make healthier choices, especially our families with young children who are establishing eating habits that will last a lifetime," said Maria Brous, Publix's director of media and community relations. "It's easier than ever to make healthy eating part of your family's daily regimen and stick to a budget at the same time."