- Fortune names Wegmans, Whole Foods, Publix top employers
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- MinuteClinic forms clinical collaboration with St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
LAKELAND, Fla. Publix’s sales for third quarter 2010 totaled $6 billion, the company reported Monday, representing a 3.5% increase as compared with the year-ago period. Comparable-store sales for the third quarter increased 2.7%.
Net earnings for third quarter 2010 were $283.2 million, an increase of 11.1%.
“I’m very pleased that our good operating performance and improvements in the stock market resulted in an increase in our stock price,” stated Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. “Our associate owners continue to deliver exceptional customer service, the key to our success.”