- Nordic Naturals launches allergen-free probiotic
- NutraFana Pharmaceuticals launches children's FloraTummys Probiotic Sprinkles
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- At least 23,000 die from antibiotic-resistant infections each year, CDC finds
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
SUDBURY, Mass. — Pure Encapsulations on Thursday introduced PureHeart Probiotic, the newest addition to the PureHeart Protocol: Screening + Supplements = Success line of nutritional supplements.
“With the proprietary probiotic strain Lactobacillus reuteri NCIMB 30242, PureHeart Probiotic offers evidence-based support from a new angle in clinical cardiology,” stated Kelly Heim, nutritional pharmacologist at Pure Encapsulations. “This exclusive formulation addresses basic aspects of lipid metabolism and vascular function.”
Micropharma, the supplier of Lactobacillus reuteri NCIMB 30242, is a Canadian biotechnology company focused on human metabolic health through the microbiome.
Special features of PureHeart Probiotic also include its shelf-stable formulation and acid-resistant capsules. These features allow for maintained viability without refrigeration and maximum probiotic delivery to the G.I. tract. Since the strain is grown on a dairy-free, soy-free medium, it is suitable for individuals with sensitive or restrictive diets, the company stated.