- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
BOONE, N.C. — QS/1 and ECR Software have released an interface that links the ECRS Catapult point-of-sale system and QS/1's NRx pharmacy management system, the two companies said.
The companies said they developed the interface to improve communication between the POS system and the pharmacy management system and merge pharmacy and grocery department business data into a centralized repository. Star Super Market and Discount Pharmacy, a chain that operates four stores in the Huntsville, Ala., area served as the site for a pilot of the product.
"I believe the relationship between ECRS and QS/1 will helpprovide the best customer service, drive loyalty and prevent costly errors by consolidating our Catapult point-of-sale system used in the pharmacy and grocery with our QS/1 NRx pharmacy management system," Star Super Market and Discount Pharmacy chief information officer James Ahlschlager said. "With tighter integration and through the incorporation of new technologies, we are striving to make shopping easier for our customers."