- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- Starting the day off right with both nutrition and convenience
- Consumables/General Merchandise Hot Products
- Giant-Carlisle introduces healthy-food checkout lanes
- Changing Channels: Holistix Natural Biscuits, Entenmann's bakeware, LabelManager and more
Dollar sales in the snack/granola bar category have grown nearly 8% in the past year, according to Sue Viamari, editor of SymphonyIRI Group’s Times and Trends report.
“Growth is being driven by strong performance by nutrition/intrinsic health value bars and granola bars, which climbed 15.6% and 7% during that time period,” she said. Breakfast/cereal bars posted flat sales for the year.
Viamari expected the up-tick to continue as more consumers eat at or from home to save money and replace high-calorie indulgence treats with healthier snacks.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Snack Bars Sell-Through Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.