- Duane Reade is most-followed retailer on Twitter
- Duane Reade dominates Twitter with more than 1 million followers
- Walgreens, Rite Aid join outcry over Boston Rolling Stone cover
- Australian hair removal system for men inks exclusive deal with Duane Reade
- Survey: Half of those with chronic disease suffer from chronic sleep problems
MADISON, Wis. — As the world prepares to "spring forward," Rayovac is offering a host of engaging activities, fun giveaways and tips for sprucing up fire safety plans.
In preparation for daylight saving time, the battery brand is hosting a Twitter event and a Facebook promotion designed to raise awareness about replacing batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors, the company said.
On Monday afternoon, Rayovac will host Rayovac Powers Daylight Savings Time Twitter in which attendees have a chance to win 1-of-20 smoke alarm packs or 1-of-2 $100 Walmart gift cards. To participate, users must follow @Rayovac_Battery and #SpringForward.
For its Facebook event, Rayovac on Wednesday will team up with American Family Insurance to give away 3,000 9-volt batteries through Facebook.com/Rayovac or Facebook.com/amfam. In addition to the free battery giveaways, consumers can download a $1-off coupon.
Along with the social media promotions, Rayovac also said it would offer helpful fire safety tips and tools at Rayovac.com, where users can access the online Rayovac fire safety center.
Rayovac is part of the Spectrum Brands portfolio of brands.