- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- American Greetings debuts new music and dance line of greeting cards
- Duane Reade launches 'Boo-tiful legs' Halloween contest to promote hosiery line
- Yankee Candle unveils new holiday collection
- New study reveals online, mobile activities of skin care enthusiasts
CLEVELAND — American Greetings said it is revolutionizing the tradition of blowing out birthday candles into a multisensory experience.
With its new Ready, Set, Blow line of greeting cards, the recipient is prompted to blow on the card upon opening it. A special sensor is then activated, making the festive scene come to life with LED lights, as well as either an exciting birthday song or sound. In each card, a breath of air extinguishes birthday candles, activates horns and lights or recreates a childhood wish on a dandelion, American Greetings said.
"Ready, Set, Blow lets people experience the birthday tradition of wishing in an innovative new way," said Carol Miller, executive director of new product concepts at American Greetings. "It's so much fun to see someone receive these cards because you get to watch their surprise as they open it and then their smile unfold as the card comes to life — and hopefully, their wish granted."