- Duane Reade launches 'Show Us Your Party Legs' photo contest on Facebook
- New study reveals online, mobile activities of skin care enthusiasts
- Sudafed announces app to help sinus sufferers
- CVS Caremark to shorten length of customer receipts
- Schnucks stores perishable, frozen foods for Midwest storm victims
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill. — Redbox, with the help of Orville Redenbacher's gourmet popping corn, is encouraging Facebook fans to go head-to-head with film critic Richard Roeper to predict this season's movie award winners.
The Redbox movie awards game allows film enthusiasts to select which movies they believe will win awards during the Critic's Choice, Golden Globes and Academy Awards ceremonies. Fans can track how well they did and receive virtual prizes based on their activity, such as the "I Beat Richard Roeper" badge and the "Golden Sweep" badge for correctly guessing every top category.
"The Redbox movie awards game brings the excitement of the red carpet to our more than 1.7 million Facebook fans nationwide by celebrating the nation's top movies and performances of 2010," said Gary Cohen, Redbox's SVP marketing and customer experience.
Redbox currently features a number of award-nominated titles, including "Inception," "The Kids Are All Right" and "Toy Story 3," as well as select 2010 award winners, on DVD and Blu-ray at its kiosks nationwide.