- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.6 million influenza-associated illnesses last season
HOUSTON RediClinic, which operates more than 20 clinics in H-E-B grocery stores in Houston and Austin, Texas, has announced the availability of FluMist at its clinics for the 2010-2011 flu season.
The clinic also soon will offer the flu shot Fluvirin, which is given with a needle and approved for use in people 4 years of age and older, including healthy people and people with chronic medical conditions, the clinic operator stated.
FluMist, which currently is available in a limited supply, is a needle-free, nasal-spray flu vaccine. FluMist is approved for use in healthy people 2 to 49 years of age who are not pregnant.