- Mediterranean diet may reduce risk of diabetes
- Sixteen companies producing 36% of calories from packaged foods, beverages remove 6.4 trillion calories from marketplace
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Clif Bar introduces Clif Mojo Fruit & Nut and Clif Mojo Dark Chocolate
HOUSTON — RediClinic — which currently operates 30 clinics inside H-E-B grocery stores in Houston, Austin and San Antonio, Texas — is encouraging patients to get healthy and lose weight by enrolling in its Weigh Forward weight management program.
The clinic operator has kicked off a promotion whereby patients will receive a $100 H-E-B gift card when they enroll in the 10-week weight management program. The offer ends Dec. 31, 2012.
Weigh Forward was developed in partnership with weight-loss expert David Katz and launched in May 2011.
The 10-week program capitalizes on RediClinic’s facilities and clinicians inside grocery stores to provide patients with information and counseling on diet/nutrition, physical activity and behavior modification. The diet/nutrition component includes weekly meal plans, with shopping lists of items that can be purchased in RediClinic’s host stores. The behavior modification component features a proprietary system developed by Katz that identifies each patient’s individual barriers to success so that each program can be customized to help the patient overcome them. Each program also includes an initial medical evaluation and regular biometric testing to ensure that patients are improving their health while losing weight.