- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- GPhA: FDA’s proposed rule on prescription drug labeling adds $4 billion to healthcare costs
- FDA's Janet Woodcock not to retire
PARSIPPANY, N.J. — The Food and Drug Administration has accepted a regulatory approval application for a pain drug made by Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Pacira said Tuesday.
The drug maker submitted its application for the long-acting painkiller Exparel (bupivacaine) in September.
The drug is a topical medication for managing pain following surgery. The FDA expects to finish reviewing the application in July 2011.