- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
NEW YORK — Duane Reade, which is owned by Walgreens, has increased Duane Reade brand hosiery sales by close to 20% thanks to a seven-week social media campaign launched in November to raise awareness of those products — produced by Doris Hosiery Mills.
Dubbed the "Show Us Some Leg" contest, Duane Reade's VIP Blogger Team helped to create more than 10.9 million impressions by encouraging entrants to upload their original photos wearing Duane Reade-brand hosiery via a Duane Reade Facebook page application, according to a report published by Business2Community on Monday.
“User-generated content or consumer-generated media is not only more trust-worthy; it also runs throughout the shopping experience and afterward," Calvin Peters, online/public relations manager of Duane Reade, told the news site.