- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- MinuteClinic deploys Allscripts EHR nationally
- Allscripts partnership helps position MinuteClinic for future growth
- The essential value of HIEs in delivering patient-centered pharmacy care
- MinuteClinic, Florida Hospital Medical Group enter clinical affiliation
DALLAS — The market for electronic medical records in the United States may exceed $6 billion in value in five years, according to a new report by research firm MarketsandMarkets.
In the report, “U.S. Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Market, 2010-2015 (Market Share, Winning Strategies and Adoption Trends),” released this month, the firm said that the market was expected to grow from $2.17 billion in 2009 to $6.05 billion in 2015.
The report noted that the electronic medical record market space in the United States is “highly fragmented,” with Allscripts’ 15.7% share dominating a physician office EMR market that includes more than 1,000 players.