- Yucaipa acquires Fresh and Easy
- NACDS Retail Advisory Board turns to London for new market trends
- L'Oréal's The Body Shop buys majority stake in Emporio Body Store in Brazil
- Actress Binky Felstead to appear in new Rimmel London campaign in U.K., Ireland
- Unilever signs sponsorship agreement with Manchester United
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Rumors are swirling that Tesco's U.S. division, Fresh & Easy, has signed on to open smaller-format stores.
The grocery store chain, which operates stores in California, Arizona and Nevada, plans to test a new concept, called Fresh & Easy Express, in San Pedro, Calif., according to blog Fresh & Easy Buzz. The report also said that the new format will be in the 4,000-sq.-ft. range, compared with its typical 10,000-sq.-ft. footprint.
For more, go to Freshneasybuzz.blogspot.com.