- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Safeway confirms grocer is exploring possible sale
- Safeway awarded Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
PHILADELPHIA — Safeway will sell two stores in the Philadelphia area to one of Ahold’s supermarket banners, according to published reports.
The Philadelphia Business Journal reported Thursday that Giant-Carlisle will buy two Genuardi’s supermarkets in Bucks County, Pa.
Each store will be closed on Nov. 13 and will re-open in first quarter 2011 under the Giant banner. Store employees will have the opportunity to transfer to other Genuardi’s stores or interview to work at Giant.