- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- 21 health industry groups address FDA on proposed changes to generic drug label rules
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- Roxane Labs' generic prostate drug gets tentative approval from FDA
- Diplomat becomes distributor of recently approved cancer drug
NEW DELHI — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a diabetes drug made by Lupin Pharmaceuticals, according to published reports.
The FDA approved Lupin’s metformin hydrochloride extended-release tablets, a generic version of Andrx Labs’ Fortamet.
Fortamet had sales of $83 million in 2010, according to IMS Health.