- Packaged Facts: Sports drinks, nutrition bars a $10 billion business in 2013
- Crossmark adds former PepsiCo exec John Compton to board of directors
- Ulta Beauty posts 24.8% rise in Q2 sales
- PepsiCo targets teen market with fruit-flavored Aquafina sparkling water, flavorings
- Diet drinks fuel growth amid flat sales
NEW YORK — A few months after announcing a test run of its reduced-sugar cola in Iowa and Wisconsin, PepsiCo unveiled plans for a nationwide rollout of Pepsi Next.
According to published reports, Pepsi Next is expected to hit store shelves in spring 2012.
"As part of our continued commitment to innovate our carbonated soft drinks portfolio, we developed Pepsi Next, a great-tasting, full-flavor cola with 60% less sugar," PepsiCo Beverages America CEO Massimo d'Amore said of the new beverage over the summer. "In thorough consumer research, Pepsi Next resonated very well with consumers who are seeking a new, reduced-sugar alternative to their loved cola."