- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
- New survey sheds light on top supermarket customer service
- Study: Supermarket pharmacies could benefit from drug patent expiries
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway is gearing up to launch five filtered coffee pods that can be used in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters' Keurig brewing system, according to published reports.
Reuters said Tuesday that a Safeway spokesman confirmed that the new private-label cups will differ from the retailer's current offering, which were launched earlier this year.
In related news, supermarket retailer Kroger also said it would develop private-label coffee cups for the Keurig system. Shares for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters dropped Monday following the report, which also came from Reuters.