- Safeway confirms grocer is exploring possible sale
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Deutsche Bank: Kroger in the running for Safeway in addition to Cerberus
- Safeway deal is more than the sum of its parts
- Kroger declines to comment on potential Safeway transaction, posts strong Q4 results
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway is gearing up to launch five filtered coffee pods that can be used in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters' Keurig brewing system, according to published reports.
Reuters said Tuesday that a Safeway spokesman confirmed that the new private-label cups will differ from the retailer's current offering, which were launched earlier this year.
In related news, supermarket retailer Kroger also said it would develop private-label coffee cups for the Keurig system. Shares for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters dropped Monday following the report, which also came from Reuters.