- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- MedFolio launches electronic pillbox to improve patient adherence
- A shot in the arm for pharmacy
NEW YORK — A supermarket chain in the United Kingdom has launched a new initiative that will enlist 10 families with the same surname, according to published reports.
The Retail Gazette reported that the Sainsbury's chain had launched "The Wells Challenge," which will assess the effects on the health of 10 families with the surname Wells as the chain's pharmacists provide them with health-related guidance and support.
The think tank 2020health is monitoring the initiative, which is designed to reduce pressure on Britain's National Health Service, the country's state-run healthcare system.