- Illycaffe arrives at Duane Reade
- Coinstar, Seattle's Best Coffee bring coffee kiosks to supermarkets, drug stores and mass merchants nationwide
- Four Canada Safeway stores to receive Tim Hortons coffee outlets
- Changing Channels: Holistix Natural Biscuits, Entenmann's bakeware, LabelManager and more
- ReportersNotebook — Consumables, 2/28/11
NEW YORK Starbucks is planning to expand the selection of its products available in supermarkets, according to published reports.
The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday that the Seattle-based coffee company would sell more of its Via instant coffee, Seattle’s Best Coffee and Tazo Tea products in its stores and then in supermarkets in order to drive sales in the face of a bad economy and competition from such food outlets as Dunkin’ Donuts and McDonald’s.
The company already sells Via products at such retailers as Walmart and Target, the Journal reported.