- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens launches exclusive beauty publication 'Discover Beauty Within'
- Walgreens' Greg Wasson featured on 'Mad Money'
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
NEW YORK — A new Walgreens campaign to the tune of John Fogerty's "Down on the Corner" from GSD&M is hitting a 30-second primetime spot near you. The campaign highlights Walgreens' long history of innovation, "from inventing the first chocolate malt to creating a nonprofit pharmacy for our troops. ... Walgreens has been innovating for more than 100 years, and we're just getting started."
"What we're trying to do is speak to the innovations that have been a part of the brand since Charles Walgreen started a company back in 1901," Nancy Ryan, SVP and group account director at the agency, told Marketing Daily in a report published on Saturday. "What we found is that Walgreens didn't get the credit for these innovations. When we took this work into testing, consumers were very interested in how Walgreens did these things."
To read the complete Marketing Daily report, click here.
To view the commercial, click here.