- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
SAN FRANCISCO — Walgreens is test-marketing healthier-for-you foods similar to the “food desert” pilot in Chicago across 30 area stores here, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Tuesday.
An Outer Richmond location began stocking fresh food and just-in-time meals last week, the paper reported, and the pilot program will roll out to the remaining stores over the course of the summer.
Earlier this year at a Walgreens shareholders meeting, Walgreens president and CEO Greg Wasson said he projected that the company could expand the fresh food centers to 400 or more stores in the next several years.