- Diab to head up health and wellness at Walmart
- Walmart expanding small store fleet based on fresh- and pharmacy-driven growth
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Sluggish sales at Walmart, profit outlook lowered
NEW YORK — Actress Drew Barrymore is developing her own makeup collection to be retailed exclusively at Walmart, according to published reports.
The cosmetics line, called Flower, is slated to hit more than 1,500 Walmart stores in January.
While this is the first time Barrymore has developed her own makeup collection, she is certainly no stranger to the world of beauty. Barrymore has been the face of Procter & Gamble’s CoverGirl brand since 2007 and, before that, had a stint as a spokeswoman for Lancome.
In stores, the Flower collection — which is projected to rake in $50 million in first-year retail sales — will be housed in endcaps and 4-ft. sections, according to published reports. The 181-SKU line — comprised of products for eye, lip, nail and face — will be priced between $4.98 and $13.98, according to reports.